Terms and Conditions
There is a set code of conduct and guidelines that all members and non-members are expected to follow:
- Visit website (www.indiaspeakerforum.com) for complete terms & conditions for members and outsiders.
- Use no slang/abusive/offensive/tabooed language or words during the course of the meeting.
- Converse in English during the course of the meeting.
- Please carry your modules to the meeting and get them filled by your coach or LC members regularly.
- Bring in no personal bias while coaching a fellow member. Refrain from passing discouraging, hurtful and caustic comments to others.
- Restrict from speaking on topics that can instill feelings of anger, fear and hatred in other people during the course of the meeting (topics centered around religion, caste, creed, gender, race etc. should be avoided).
- Restrict from using cellular phones and/or any technical device during the course of meeting.
- Abstain from passing lewd/personal comments on any member during the course of the meeting and otherwise
- Members are requested to not create hustle-bustle, confusion and distraction like leaving the meeting in the middle of someone speaking.
- Before inviting any guest for ISF meet, please seek ISF Leadership Council’s approval.
- Be proactive in taking up roles and speech slots; participate voluntarily.
- The modules are the intellectual property of ISF (India Speakers Forum), which holds the copyright on them. The modules must not be copied, reproduced or used in any manner outside the ISF meets. Violation of this condition in any manner will lead to a legal suit against the party/members involved.
- Reproduction of modules in hard copy/soft copy will attract legal action against the party involved.
- Photography/Videography is strictly prohibited during ISF sessions. Prior permission from ISF LC team will be required for any such event.
- ISF will not be responsible for any professional/personal dealing or business transaction of any kind between members. Any business/promotional activity during the forum meeting is prohibited.
- ISF’s Dean or the Leadership council holds the right to terminate the membership of any member on grounds of fraud, misconduct or any other suspicious behaviour. The verdict of the Dean or the Leadership council will be considered final on issues related to membership, certifications, elections & other proceedings of the forum. The Dean is a permanent position with the veto power over any LC’s decision.
- The guidelines may need to be updated/changed as per the decisions taken by the leadership Council. The members shall be informed about the same through the emails. Violation of any one or more guidelines/rules can lead to expulsion from ISF membership
- Members or guests cannot start any public speaking/communication/networking forum on the lines of ISF. This may attract legal action.
- There are 24 meetings organized in a year based upon availability of venue.
- Members are requested mail their speeches, blogs, educator’s speech and book review to email@example.com . They will be updated on the ISF website, however the content and copyright belongs to the member. Thus if the matter is not original, then members are requested to mention the source. The contributor of the blog will be liable for any copyright violations if they arise. Members are requested to share, comment and participate actively on social media and web posts of their colleagues at ISF.
Renewal/New Membership Rules
- The membership fee once paid is neither transferable nor refundable or adjustable in any way.
- Only members in good standing can attend meetings and will be given priority in slots and spaces for participation. Thus members are requested to renew their membership once it becomes due.
- Pay the fees on time to help the Forum in smooth day-to-day functioning. The forum is not liable to reimburse/adjust for the sessions you do not attend due to personal/professional/travel commitments.
- ISF is a continuous learning program. Once your fee becomes due you get 15 days as a grace period to renew your membership. Post that your membership lapses and if you renew after 15 days you will be required to pay the one-time registration fee.
- If you pay the fee after due date, you cycle starts from the day your fee became due and not from the date you paid.